utilizing medical case management and vocational rehabilitation
results in a positive outcome for
injured employees. Returning the injured worker to productivity has
physical and emotional benefits.
resulting from delay of treatment
or poorly planned and unnecessary treatment are expenses that have an
effect. Effective case management is essential
helping to control expenses of lost employee time by monitoring the
recovery in assuring the appropriate caregiver is utilized at the right
Case Management Works offers quality professional services provided by
experienced, certified consultants committed to efficient, effective
Evaluation services analyzes loss of earnings assessment resulting from
injuries determined through comprehensive evaluations that may include
testing and a transferable skills analysis of industry recognized jobs.
These services would be appropriate for litigation cases that
require an evaluation and expert witness testimony addressing
employability and wage earning capacity.
offered: Medical Case Management, Vocational Rehabilitation, Vocational
Rehabilitation Evaluations, Litigation/Expert Witness Assessments
and Labor Market Surveys.
inquire about other services.
Medical Case Management
management is a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements,
coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required
to meet an individual's health care needs. This is provided through
communication, education, and identification of resources to
promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes.
Medical management services include:
the injured worker with information that is necessary to make informed
decisions about his medical care to enable him to take an active role
in treatment for his work-related injury.
- Review medical records to
assess current medical condition, results of testing and treatments,
ongoing medical plan, proposed treatments and goals.
- Provide medical cost projections.
appropriate providers and coordinate continuity of care between all
providers to ensure services are appropriate for the injury and not
duplicated at any step.
- Meet with medical providers and attend physician visits to
facilitate timely and appropriate action by health care providers.
- Research treatment options to facilitate a timely return to
maximum medical improvement and productive employment.
- Determine the need for and supply/availability of equipment.
- Insure that available resources are being used in a timely
and cost-effective manner.
- Work with the injured worker, physicians, and therapists to
establish the injured worker's physical capabilities.
with employers and physicians to provide reasonable and necessary
accommodations to facilitate a timely return to work at the highest
possible level of employment.
rehabilitation services are provided as defined under the
of Hawaii Worker's Compensation Law. As an injured worker, you now have
the right to choose from a list of
counselors provided by the Department of Labor.
Vocational rehabilitation services include:
- Educating and informing clients of their legal rights and
responsibilities of VR services in the Worker's Compensation system.
- Assist the injured worker by coordinating meetings with
employers, physicians, etc.
- Coordinate with employers on return to work options if
- Vocational exploration
- Transferable skills analysis
- Enhancing job seeking skills and training
- Labor market analysis
- Assistance in identifying the most appropriate job goal(s)
- Completing a Vocational Rehabilitation Plan
- Job search and follow-through/placement
- Evaluating appropriate training options, if necessary.
Forensic Vocational Services
Kegler and Tony Hunstiger have provided evaluations, litigation
support, and appeared as experts in Federal and State Courts for both
the plaintiff and
defendant for many years.
- Employability Assessments
- Earning Capacity Assessments
- Labor Market Assessments
- Comprehensive Job Analyses for employers
- Expert Testimony
- Independent Vocational Evaluations